- Ambulatory first opinion service. We aim to care for and treat your horse on your yard where your horse is in familiar surroundings and where your horse feels most relaxed.
- 24hr Emergency Service. We offer emergency 24hr cover for all our patients every day of the year.
- Dentistry - routine & advanced motorized procedures. We have all the latest dental equipment to ensure that the health and wellbeing of your horses teeth. Tom has a keen interest in dentistry attending the latest joint British Equine Veterinary Association (BEVA) / British Veterinary Dental association (BVDA) joint course ensuring he is well versed in the latest concepts in equine dentistry. For more information click here.
- Routine surgical procedures (Inc. Castration). If you require your young horse castrating or if your horse requires minor surgery, then we can perform this at your yard under sedation. For more information on castrations click here.
- Routine health care vaccinations, worming. Routine health care is very important for the wellbeing of your horse.
- Pre Purchase (Vettings) Examination. Veterinarians have developed a 5 Stage general routine of examination which has been found to be satisfactory as a means of detecting signs of disease and injury. If you are looking to purchase a new horse we advise that you have a complete 5 stage veterinary examination of the horse before you proceed with the purchase. It is now also a requirement of most insurance companies that a pre purchase examination is carried out before they will insure a new horse. For more information about Pre Purchase Examinations click here.
- Identichipping. It is now mandatory that when all horses are passported a microchip is implanted for identification. If you require your horse to be micro chipped please call the office to arrange.
- Digital x-rays. We carry a mobile digital x-ray machine which enables us to perform x-rays at your yard so any horses in discomfort don't have to be moved. Where remedial farriery is advised we can meet your farrier at your yard with the x-ray machine to work together.
- Prompt referral of cases requiring specialist care. We have a good relationship with Veterinary Specialists and Equine Hospitals throughout the Country. We will ensure any cases requiring referral for specialist care will be to an appropriate location of your choice with immediate effect.
Vaccinations are an important part of this. Every horse must be vaccinated against tetanus, and with a rising incidence of equine influenza it is highly recommended that your horse is vaccinated for against Equine Influenza also. We can provide vaccinations for other diseases if required by your horse.
Worming is also an essential part of your horses care and wellbeing. Infection by these internal parasites can result in general ill thrift, weight loss, diarrhoea, and poor performance. In severe cases they can cause serious bouts of colic and increase the mortality of your horse.
To find out how we can help you, contact us on 07841 575376 or email email@example.com.